Laws and ordinances you really must wonder about. Wonder why any lawmaker would even waste the ink to write this much less the tax dollars to get it pushed through.
- In Alberta it seems that It is illegal for a man to drink with a woman in an Edmonton beer parlor.
- Throwing snowballs in Calgary, where there is lots of snow is against the law. I wonder if anyone ever tried to enforce this law.
- Bicycle riders are caught in a catch 22, see by law both hands must be on the handlebars at ALL times, but, you must signal with your arm to turn… hmmm…. Edmonton
- In Canada, Kids tie them laces in double knots because it is illegal for a teen to walk down main street with their shoes untied.
- In Saskatoon, It is illegal to try and catch fish with your hands
- In Toronto There will be no sawing of wood on the street
- It Toronto, it is against the law to wash your car in the street
- Windsor, no playing of a musical instrument in a park
- and in Winnipeg, No hitting the ground with metal objects
- In Winnipeg, make sure your blinds are down if dressing because you may be in some trouble if you forgot.
Here are some more… it just gets stranger for some Canadian lawmakers. I wonder what the punishment may even be for eating ice cream or having a broadband internet connection.
Does that meen the phone companies in Ontario are all breaking the law by installing broadband lines.
- In Nova Scotia a person is not allowed to water their grass when it’s raining. Not like someone would do this, but it’s against the law in Nova Scotia!
- In Cobourg, Ontario if you have a water trough in your front yard, it must be filled by 5:00am!
- In Guelph, Ontario, the city is classified as a no pee zone!
- In Toronto, Ontario, where I lived, it’s illegal to drag a dead horse down Younge St on a Sunday!
- In Montreal, Ontario you are not allowed to wash your car in the street or park your car in a way that it blocks your own driveway!
- In Ottawa, Ontario you are not allowed to eat ice cream on Bank St on a Sunday!
- In Beaconsfield, Canada it’s considered an offense to have more than two colours on your house; and you are not allowed to own a log cabin!
- In Uxbridge, Ontario it’s illegal to have an internet connection faster than 56k!
- In Kanata, Ontario, believe this, it’s illegal to have a clothes line in your back yard!
- Finally, in Oshawa, Ontario it’s illegal to climb trees!