Indiana Stupid laws
Indiana, the state where the really dislike Pi… not the kind you eat and may smell a bit foul… thats if they are following the law.
The value of Pi is 4, and not 3.1415. (Repealed)
Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.
and please… be sure to drink from everyone else’s bottle or you may be arrested for breaking Indiana law.
Drinking from your own bottle in a bar can lead to your arrest.
And, of course no one though of requiring front license plates (like every other state) when they passed this winner of a traffic law.
One man may not back into a parking spot becasue it prevents police officers from seeing the license plate
Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
It is a felony for a skating instructor to seduce a female student. A wild guess as to how this one started might be that a lawmaker’s wife or daughter ran off with her skating teacher, right?
In Gary, Ind., persons are prohibited from attending a movie house or other theater and from riding a public streetcar within four hours of eating garlic. (Loony Laws” by Robert Pelton)
The long list of Indiana stupid, old, outdated and crazy laws and regulations:
- It is against the law to pass a horse on the street.
- It is illegal for a liquor store to sell cold soft drinks.
- You can get out of paying for a dependent’s medical care by praying for him/her.
- One man may not back into a parking spot because it prevents police officers from seeing the license plate.
- Smoking in the state legislature building is banned, except when the legislature is in session.
- Check forgery can be punished with public flogging up to 100 stripes.
- Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights.
- Men are prohibited from standing in a bar.
- You are not allowed to carry a cocktail from the bar to a table. The waiter or waitress has to do it.
- Drinks on the house are illegal.
- “Spiteful Gossip” and “talking behind a person’s back” are illegal.
- All males 18 to 50 years old must work six days a year on public roads.
- Mustaches are illegal if the bearer has a tendency to habitually kiss other humans.
- Hotel sheets must be exactly 99 inches long and 81 inches wide.
- If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.
- Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.
- A three dollar fine per pack will be imposed on anyone playing cards in Indiana under the Act for the Prevention of Gaming.
- It is illegal for a man to be sexually aroused in public.
- It is illegal to bike, roller-skate, skateboard, or inline skate in a commercially zoned area. For these offenses, there is a fine of no more than $5 or the impounding of one’s bicycle for a period not to exceed 30 days. (Auburn)
- It is forbidden to eat watermelon in the park. (Beech Grove)
- It is illegal for barbers to threaten to cut off kid’s ears. (Elkhart)
- While driving on Main Street you may not have your lights on. (Evansville)
- You may not sell or play on a radio broadcast, the record “It’s In the Book”. (Fort Wayne)
- Within four hours of eating garlic, a person may not enter a movie house, theater, or ride a public streetcar. (Gary)
- It is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette. (South Bend)
- No one may spit on the sidewalk. (Terre Haute)
- A person must get a referral from a licensed physician if he or she wishes to see a hypnotist unless the desired procedure is to quit smoking or lose weight.
- Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March.
- Oral sex is illegal.
- A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.
It is illegal to bike, roller-skate, skateboard, or inline skate in a commercially zoned area. For these offesnses, there is a fine of no more than $5 or the impounding of one’s bicycle for a period not to exceed 30 days.
It is forbidden to eat watermelon in the park.
It is illegal for barbers to threaten to cut off kid’s ears.
While driving on Main Street you may not have your lights on.
You may not sell or play on a radio broadcast, the record “It`s In the Book”.
Within four hours of eating garlic, a person may not enter a movie house, theater, or ride a public streetcar.
It is illegal to make a monkey smoke a cigarette.
Anyone needing more Indiana law can check out the Indiana law blog